Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 ounces slivered almonds
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/2-inch thick.
- In a blender or food processor, finely grind the almonds.
- Combine the almonds, bread crumbs and salt on a plate.
- Whip the egg white and water together.
- Dip the chicken into the egg white and coat with the almond mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the chicken 10 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once during the cooking time.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and keep warm.
- Heat the lemon juice and wine in the skillet over low heat, stirring to loosen the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Place a tablespoon of the wine sauce over the top of each chicken breast half and serve.
This was delicious!! I used my food processor to grind the almonds. The chicken turned out very moist. Loved the almond flavor with the chicken. Thanks Dancer^
I made this just as stated. I found the almonds did nothing to the taste. Simply another chicken dish without very much flavor, sorry.
Wonderful. I echo the previous reviews--the chicken was really moist inside its delightful crunchy coating. I used half butter and half peanut oil to saute the chicken. This is one of the best chicken preparations I ever have had.