Recipe by Mirj
The almonds in the crust make this a very elegant dish, good for when royalty comes to visit.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
The cooked spinach with the citrus dressing is an unusual combination but we liked it, it was very refreshing. I had my doubts about the almonds sticking to the chicken because there was no egg for breading, but they stayed on with no problem.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 cups fresh spinach, cleaned and stemmed
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the vinaigrette combine the juices in a small bowl.
- Add the olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and press the almonds on one side to form a crust.
- Heat the canola oil in a hot pan, add the chicken and cook 3 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Cook the spinach and 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette in a large pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, or until the spinach is just wilted.
- Serve each chicken breast on a bed of spinach.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.