Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Martha Stewart.
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, split (1 1/2-2lbs)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced almonds, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a medium bowl, season bread crumbs with salt and pepper. Place eggs in a small bowl with 2 t water, and beat lightly.
- Dip chicken in egg, wiping away excess wit your fingers, and dip in bread-crumb mixture.
- Dredge until lightly coated. Dip in egg again, and coat thoroughly with almonds.
- Heat butter and oil in a ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until nicely browned, about 3 minutes, and turn over. Cook 1 minute more; then transfer pan to oven, and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.