Recipe by Schnookie Wookums
This is my dad's favorite pie. It's pretty easy to prepare. If you don't feel like mixing a pie crust/making your own you can buy a store bought one and just press the almonds into the crust. It is extremely rich and yummy! I don't even like cherries and I love this pie! Cook time is chill time. For the crust I usually use My No Roll Pie Crust and just grind the almonds up and mix them in with the dry ingredients... This has seemed to work really well for me
Top Review by Sheri H.
I've made a very similar pie for over 50 years. Found the recipe in the newspaper magazine when I was a teenager and it's been a family favorite ever since. The recipe I used is slightly different since you used canned cherries, not cherry pie filling. It's definitely A favorite at Christmas and Thanksgiving
- 1 pie crust mix (or make your own)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds (finely chopped or ground)
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pie crust as directed, but add chopped almonds with water.
- Prick only the sides of the pie crust and bake as directed.
- Combine condensed milk, lemon juice, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Fold in whipped cream and spoon into cooled pie shell.
- Spread cherry pie filling over cream filling.