Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my dad's favorite pie. It's pretty easy to prepare. If you don't feel like mixing a pie crust/making your own you can buy a store bought one and just press the almonds into the crust. It is extremely rich and yummy! I don't even like cherries and I love this pie! Cook time is chill time. For the crust I usually use My No Roll Pie Crust and just grind the almonds up and mix them in with the dry ingredients... This has seemed to work really well for me
- Mix pie crust as directed, but add chopped almonds with water.
- Prick only the sides of the pie crust and bake as directed.
- Combine condensed milk, lemon juice, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Fold in whipped cream and spoon into cooled pie shell.
- Spread cherry pie filling over cream filling.