Recipe by God's_sugarcookie
This is so yummy....a crunchy, almond crust, sweet cream cheese, whipped cream, and cherries!! Also all the sugar can be subbed for Splenda for a guilt-free treat! Also, this can be made a day in advance so you don't have to rush to make a fancy dessert for your guests!
- 12 ounces slivered almonds
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container whipping cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (15 ounce) cans no-sugar-added cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE CRUST:.
- Finely grind the almonds. Spray a 9x13-inch glass dish (to look pretty, it doesn't have to be glass though).
- Melt the margarine and combine it, the almonds, and the 1/2 cup brown sugar in the bottom of the pan. Press the mixture over entire bottom of the pan evenly, using a flat butter knife and gently patting and pushing.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minute. Let cool completely. (about 2-3 hours).
- FOR THE FILLING:.
- Whip cream until peaks form and fold in 1 cup white sugar till dissolved.
- In a separate bowl beat cream cheese until light and fluffy and mix in 1 1/2 cups sugar. Add the 1 tsp vanilla.
- Lightly blend whipped cream and cream cheese.
- Spread mixture over cooled crust and spread cherry pie filling on top.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.