Recipe by Mirj
This really turns plain-old-chicken into something interesting. I've doubled this recipe and it works just as well. Goes great with some Basmati rice and a green salad. Prep time includes marinating the chickens. Use matzoh meal instead of breadcrumbs and this is perfect for Passover.
- 1 cut-up broiler-fryer chicken, skinned
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup fine dry plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, make marinade by mixing together the mayonnaise, garlic, orange juice, orange peel, honey, 1/8 teaspoon of the cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Add the chicken, turning to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour, occasionally spooning marinade over chicken.
- In a pie pan, mix together the remaining cinnamon, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, almonds and olive oil.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and roll, one piece at a time, in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the chicken in single layer in a lightly greased shallow baking pan.
- Bake in a 350°F oven about 1 hour or until crisp and brown and fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.