1/1 Photo of Almond-Crusted Catalan Chicken
2 hrs 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This really turns plain-old-chicken into something interesting. I've doubled this recipe and it works just as well. Goes great with some Basmati rice and a green salad. Prep time includes marinating the chickens. Use matzoh meal instead of breadcrumbs and this is perfect for Passover.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cut-up broiler-fryer chicken, skinned
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 cup fine dry plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1In a large mixing bowl, make marinade by mixing together the mayonnaise, garlic, orange juice, orange peel, honey, 1/8 teaspoon of the cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
- 2Add the chicken, turning to coat.
- 3Cover and refrigerate 1 hour, occasionally spooning marinade over chicken.
- 4In a pie pan, mix together the remaining cinnamon, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, almonds and olive oil.
- 5Remove the chicken from the marinade and roll, one piece at a time, in breadcrumb mixture.
- 6Place the chicken in single layer in a lightly greased shallow baking pan.
- 7Bake in a 350°F oven about 1 hour or until crisp and brown and fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond-Crusted Catalan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.5
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 117.5 mg
- Sodium 600.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 32.8 g