Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was in the Food section of the local paper and sounded yummy!
Make and share this Almond Crusted Bake Fried Asparagus recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Set a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet. Spray the rack with cooking spray.
- In a very large bowl, whisk the egg whites until frothy. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond flour, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Place the asparagus in the egg whites and toss until all of the spears are coated. A few spears at a time, transfer the asparagus to the flour mixture. Roll the spears until well coated. If needed, pat the coating on with your hands.
- Arrange the spears on the prepared rack. Spritz them lightly with cooking spray.
- Roast for 20 minutes or till crispy and lightly browned.