Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was in the Food section of the local paper and sounded yummy!
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bunches asparagus, tough bottoms trimmed
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Set a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet. Spray the rack with cooking spray.
- In a very large bowl, whisk the egg whites until frothy. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond flour, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Place the asparagus in the egg whites and toss until all of the spears are coated. A few spears at a time, transfer the asparagus to the flour mixture. Roll the spears until well coated. If needed, pat the coating on with your hands.
- Arrange the spears on the prepared rack. Spritz them lightly with cooking spray.
- Roast for 20 minutes or till crispy and lightly browned.