Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A regular spinach quiche, with an almond crust for those on a low carb diet or the gluten intolerant
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup ice water
- 3 eggs
- 6 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 14 ounces canned artichoke hearts
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 4 ounces cheese (I used Italian blend)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Mix almond flour and salt with fork.
- Beat oil and water with whisk or fork to thicken.
- Pour into flour and mix with fork.
- Press into 9" pie crust. I prefer to bake the shell alone for 15 minute.
- Mix all ingredients (except parmesan) and pour into the crust.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes @ 350 celsius or until done.
- Top with parmesan.