Recipe by House
Got this from Penzeys Spices Christmas 2006 catalogue. I love anything with almonds, so this works for me.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 3⁄4 cups unsifted flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the first four ingredients.
- Mix in the last three ingredients.
- Chill for one hour.
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees.
- Form the dough into 2 rolls about 2 inches in diameter.
- Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place the cookies one inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.