Prep 5 mins
Cook 11 mins
Amazingly simple...and so good!
- whole graham wafers
- 1 (100 g) packageflaked almonds or 1 (100 g) package slivered almonds
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Place a single layer of graham wafers in an ungreased9 x 13-inch (22 x 34 cm) baking pan, making sure they fit snugly.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir butter and sugar until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil gently for 3 minutes.
- Drizzle over almond-covered wafers, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
- Cut into bars while bars are still slightly warm.
I haven't actually made these but I had them just a few nights ago at a church function and they were delicious. I went looking for the recipe and this is it. Thanks, can't wait to make them.