Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an unusual recipe for cherry pie that includes marzipan in the topping.
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box (from 15 oz. box)
- 4 ounces marzipan (about 1/3 cup)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 375. Make pie crust as directed on box for one-crust baked shell using 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until set, but not brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, place marzipan and butter; with pastry blender or fork, mix until well blended. Stir in oats and flour until crumbly. In large bowl, mix filling ingredients.
- Remove partially baked shell from oven. Pour filling into shell. Crumble topping over filling.
- Return to oven; bake 30 to 40 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly around edges. If necessary, after 15 minutes of baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.