Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
From a promotional magazine put out by Moro Oils.
Almond Crumbed Chicken Schnitzel
- olive oil (extra light for shallow frying)
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour (seasoned)
- 1 egg (large lightly beaten)
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (extra light)
- 1 lime (grated rind and juice or 1 lemon)
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- salt (sea to taste)
- 100 g rocket
- 1 red capsicum (thinly sliced)
- 1 lebanese cucumber (sliced)
- 1 avocado (large sliced)
- Almond Crumbed Chicken Schnitzel - coat chicken in flour, dip in egg and roll in breadcrumbs combined with the almonds, pressing firmly.
- Pour extra light olive oil into a frypan until 1 cm in depth.
- Heat oil and cook chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through, reducing heat if necessary and then drain on absorbent paper and serve with avocado salad.
- Avocado Salad - shake extra light olive oil, lime rind, juice and sweet chilli sauce in a jar to make a dressing and season to taste.
- Toss rocket, capsicum, cucumber and half the dressing together and arrange on a serving plate.
- Coat avocado in remaining dressing and arrange on top of salad and serve immediately with schnitzel.
We love schnitzels and I like the idea of sliced almonds for that extra little crunch! Only thing is they didn't wont to stick to the chicken very well. I used mix greens because for my DH rocket is too strong and peppery and added crumbled feta to the salad. I packed everything to the picnic basket and we enjoyed it outside around the lake. What a lovely light dinner! Thank you Pat!