Recipe by pansies
There are many things the world can do without. Scones are not one of those things!
- 29.58 ml firm margarine or 29.58 ml butter
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 118.29 ml firm margarine or 118.29 ml butter
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml half-and-half, about
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- To make streusel topping, cut margarine or butter into remaining topping ingredients until crumbly. Set topping aside.
- For Scones, cut margarine into flour, sugar, baking powder and salt with a pastry blender in a large bowl until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in almonds. Stir in egg and just enough half-and-half so dough leaves side or bowl and forms a ball.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; gently roll in flour to coat, Knead lightly 10 times. Pat or roll into a 9-inch circle on an ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with topping; press lightly into dough. Cut into 8 wedges, but do not separate.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet; carefully separate wedges. Serve warm.