Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
There are many things the world can do without. Scones are not one of those things!
Make and share this Almond-Crumb Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons firm margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup firm margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half, about
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- To make streusel topping, cut margarine or butter into remaining topping ingredients until crumbly. Set topping aside.
- For Scones, cut margarine into flour, sugar, baking powder and salt with a pastry blender in a large bowl until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in almonds. Stir in egg and just enough half-and-half so dough leaves side or bowl and forms a ball.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; gently roll in flour to coat, Knead lightly 10 times. Pat or roll into a 9-inch circle on an ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with topping; press lightly into dough. Cut into 8 wedges, but do not separate.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet; carefully separate wedges. Serve warm.