Recipe by velorutionista
A great alternative to your ordinary graham cracker crust. Not too sweet, not too crumbly!
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
I got a similar version elsewhere that used 3 T butter and 1 tsp stevia (instead of sugar to make it sugar free). It turned out good, for a gluten free crust. I used it in pumpkin pie. I will keep your version and try it with the extra butter next time, to see if it bakes up firmer.
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond meal (medium grind)
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F.
- Combine almond meal, sugar, and salt (if using) in a small bowl. Pour in melted butter and stir till just combined. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 10" springform pan (or muffin tins, depending on what you're making).
- Bake crust for 10-15 minutes, till golden. Cool completely before filling.