Recipe by Mirj
My mother used to make this for very special dairy meals. I used to think that when I started cooking I would make this all the time, but now I know my mother was right (she always is), this is so rich you should only eat it a few times a year. You have been warned!
- 8 ounces medium noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 lb farmer cheese
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- Cook the noodles in boiling salted water for 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining kugel ingredients and stir in the noodles.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Prepare the topping by combining the brown sugar, almonds and melted butter.
- Sprinkle over noodles and bake for 1 hour.