Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
My mother used to make this for very special dairy meals. I used to think that when I started cooking I would make this all the time, but now I know my mother was right (she always is), this is so rich you should only eat it a few times a year. You have been warned!
- 8 ounces medium noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 lb farmer cheese
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- Cook the noodles in boiling salted water for 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining kugel ingredients and stir in the noodles.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Prepare the topping by combining the brown sugar, almonds and melted butter.
- Sprinkle over noodles and bake for 1 hour.
This was by far the hit of the party! A wonderful creamy cheese flavor; moist and delicious.
Mirj you ROCK! This is a very good recipe, and it's highly adaptable. You can do so much to this recipe. I for example, swapped out cream cheese for goat cheese, and added a few pinches of nutmeg and cinnamon. This was so good, I'm making it again, this time with raisins. That's twice in a month people, it was just that good.
Well, Mirj.....I decided to make this last night, I just had to run to my computer to let you know, and everyone else know just how delicious this kugel is. It just melted in my mouth, and all that cheese......well my mouth is watering as I post this review. This should be a 10-star recipe. I think I will make it again this weekend, for my son and his family. Thank you Mirj for such a great recipe.