Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This cookie is from one of my new cookbooks courtesy of Jan. S. Can't wait to try them.
- 4 ounces butter, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Beat butter and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in flour and ground nuts.
- Place teaspoonfuls of mixture about 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly with floured fork to 1 cm thickness.
- Sprinkle with flaked nuts.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes until removing to rack to cool completely.