Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious and super easy! I got this recipe from Chatelaine Magazine and have modified it slightly. Try different flavours of cake mixes and extracts and different types of nuts. Sprinkled with coloured sugar they make an excellent addition to your Christmas baking.
- 1 (520 g) package white cake mix
- 1 (75 g) package ground almonds, about 1 c.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 -4 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F Place all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed, scraping down side of bowl as needed until moist crumbs form.
- Start by adding only 1 tablespoons of water.
- If dough is dry add more water, 1 tablespoons at a time, until dough will form a ball in your hands.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Place coloured sugar or sprinkles in a small bowl and flatten balls in the sugar to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Bake until cookie edges are golden, 8 to 10 minutes.