Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This has been a family favorite for many, many, years, I usually make a double batch to ensure having them around for more than a day! The recipe comes from the now defunct Country Cooking magazine in an article on Czechoslovakian cooking. I grind my almonds in my Cuisinart and mix the recipe up in it also, but a mixer will also work fine. (I guessed on the yield, they make a full tray plus).
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml almonds, finely ground
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In food processor:
- Mix together flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and ground almonds.
- Add in butter, and extracts and pulse until dough comes together.
- In mixer:
- Cream butter and extracts.
- Add in flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and ground almonds.
- Forming crescents:.
- I use a small ice cream scoop, after scooping out a level scoop of dough I cut it in half, press down and shape in to crescent about 1/8-inch thick.
- You can also roll the dough into ropes and cut into about 1 1/2-inch lengths and shape it into a crescent, adjust thickness of crescent to your preference.
- This dough doesn't spread much so you can put them close together. Bake 15 - 20 minutes until just starting to get golden around the edges (I cook mine a little longer because I like them a little crispy, my kids like theirs softer).
- Cool until barely warm, then coat with extra powdered sugar. You may need more than a cup.
- Store in airtight container.
Oh momaphet! This was the EASIEST cookie recipe I did this year for Christmas. I doubled it and got 6 doz cookies. The directions are spot on. Girlfriend with this recipe Keebler aint got nothing on me ;D LOL I didnt make them into crescents however I just made little balls and baked them for 20 mins. PERFECTION! Thanx so much, this one's a keeper!
These are wonderful cookies. Full of flavor and impressive looking. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
Excellent, not too sweet cookies. The powdered sugar sprinkled at the end, really takes these to another level. Made for ZWT4 Holiday Challenge.