Recipe by Whisper
This is one of our family's traditional holiday cookies. The recipe was handed down from my grandmother. It's a very delicate cookie, great with milk.
- 236.59 ml butter
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml confectioners' sugar, plus some to roll cookies in
- 473.18 ml flour
- 236.59 ml chopped blanched almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, salt, vanilla and 1/4 cup confectioner sugar.
- Add flour; stir to blend.
- Stir in almonds and knead lightly.
- Shape into crescents.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Do not let them get browned.
- While hot, roll in confectioner sugar.