Recipe by Whisper
This is one of our family's traditional holiday cookies. The recipe was handed down from my grandmother. It's a very delicate cookie, great with milk.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar, plus some to roll cookies in
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped blanched almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, salt, vanilla and 1/4 cup confectioner sugar.
- Add flour; stir to blend.
- Stir in almonds and knead lightly.
- Shape into crescents.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Do not let them get browned.
- While hot, roll in confectioner sugar.