Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great with a nice hot cup of tea or coffee
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 10 sugar, for dusting
- With mixer cream butter and sugar, add eggs and almond extract.
- Mix until well blended.
- On low gradually mix in flour, salt and nuts. Mix just until blended.
- Chill 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll dough into long pencil like strips about 1/2" in diameter.
- Cut strips into 3" long pieces and bend into horseshoe shapes.
- Place on lined cookie sheet 2" apart.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove carefully with metal spatula.
- Roll in sugar 10x's and cool on rack. Store in airtight container.
- Can be frozen for later use. Just thaw in refrigerator over night. They will keep for one week in the refrigerator after thawing.