Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Martha Stewart's. Bake cookies for Mothers Day e-mail.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almond
- 2⁄3 cup superfine sugar
- 14 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into very small pieces
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar, for sifting
- Sift together flour and salt. In a food processor, grind almonds fine. Add superfine sugar and flour and salt. Pulse to combine. With machine running, slowly add pieces of butter through feed tube. Add yolks and vanilla. Process for 20 seconds. Divide dough into two pieces. Roll each into a 1 1/2-inch-thick log, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment. Cut dough into 3/8-inch-thick pieces. Pinch each into a 3-inch crescent; place on baking sheets about 1 inch apart. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F Bake crescents for 10 minutes, rotate sheets between oven shelves, and bake about 8 more minutes; cookies should not brown. Transfer parchment with cookies to a wire rack; let cool 5 minutes. Sift confectioners' sugar over before serving.
Love these...have been making them at Christmas time for years. They are the first to go! Thanks for posting...I had lost my copy of this recipe and was so happy to find it here on zaar. :-)