Recipe by Kim D.
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar in August 2006. I haven't tried the recipe, but I hope to very soon. Here is what the original poster said about this recipe: "In Germany you can buy a large version of these throughout the year in any bakery. I include these in my xmas bakery."
- 200 g marzipan, chopped
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread seasoning (if you want the xmas taste) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon almond syrup
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 60 g sliced almonds
- 150 g chocolate glacing
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 175C (150 surround).
- mix the marzipan with the sugar, spices and eggwhite to creamy mass.
- fill in a cookie or cream decorator and form into 4 cm crescents (c-shape).
- leave a distance between each crescent so that they won't touch as they rise.
- Mix yolk with orangejuice and brush crescents with the mixture.
- sprinkle with almod flakes, bake at 175C (surround 150C) about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Leave to cool.
- Melt the chocalat and dip each end of the crescent.
- leave to cool.