Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great cookie for the holidays, or a bake sale. Enjoy!!!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, unbleached
- 1 cup almonds, ground
- confectioners' sugar
- Beat together butter and sugar until very light and fluffy.
- Blend in extracts.
- Mix in flour and almonds.
- Using about 1 T of dough for each, shape into logs and bend into crecents.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees F until light brown.
- While warm, roll crecents in confectioners' sugar.
- Cool on racks and store in a tightly sealed container.
very quick and easy to make and tastes great; i used sliced almonds instead of ground almonds for time's sake and it turned out fine
I consider myself a good baker and based on the positive reviews tried this recipie. It was the worse that I have ever made. The dough was too stiff to stay together so I had to add an egg. I also added extra almond extract as advised by the previous raters. I have made almond crescents before and I will go back to my old recipie which was great. This one did not work for me at all.
I think it needs more Almond extract and probabl only about 2 cups of sugar.