- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, unbleached
- 1 cup almonds, ground
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together butter and sugar until very light and fluffy.
- Blend in extracts.
- Mix in flour and almonds.
- Using about 1 T of dough for each, shape into logs and bend into crecents.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees F until light brown.
- While warm, roll crecents in confectioners' sugar.
- Cool on racks and store in a tightly sealed container.