1/1 Photo of Almond Crescent Cookies
Another recipe from German Cooking cookbook. These traditional cookies will almost melt in your mouth. To get the proper consistency in these cookies, make sure the almonds are finely ground, not chopped!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spray several cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- 3With a mixer, beat the butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Add vanilla extract and almond extract, beat until incorporated.
- 5Stir in the flour and almonds. Work flour mixture into a firm dough.
- 6Working with 1 tablespoon of dough at a time, shape a long in the middle is thicker than both ends. Bend dough log into a crescent shape.
- 7Place on greased cookie sheets and repeat until all dough is used.
- 8Bake 12-15 minutes or until light brown.
- 9Sift powdered sugar into a small shallow bowl.
- 10While the cookies are still warm , roll the crescents in the powdered sugar.
- 11Cool on racks.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Crescent Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (946 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.2
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 0.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 1.1 g