Prep 4 hrs 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious almond-y cookies
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can almond filling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Beat butter and sugar in large electric mixer until they are light and fluffy.
- Beat in almond extract and almond filling until well blended.
- Stir in flour with wooded spoon to make stiff dough.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until dough is no longer sticky.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Dust hands with flour.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into small tapered crecents about 2 1/2" long.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets about 1 1/2" apart.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes til cookies are firm and lightly brown.
- Remove from baking sheets and cool on racks.
- Dust with confectioners sugar while cookies are still warm.