Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
adapted from some Colonial recipes. The Creme Brulee is great!
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 1⁄2 ounces whole almonds, blanched -- toasted
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- Heat cream in a heavy saucepan.
- Add granulated sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Beat egg yolks until light and creamy.
- Add t he hot cream to the egg yolks gradually, whipping constantly with a wire whisk (not an electric beater). Stir in remaining ingredients except the brown sugar.
- Pour into a 6-cup souffle dish, and sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes, or until custard tests done. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NOTES : This is not for anyone on a low cal, low fat, or low cholesterol diet.