Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are wonderful little treats, and no bake too! Yield depending on size of squares, prep time includes chilling time
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk or 3 -4 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the first 6 ingredients; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter melts and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat; add in the almonds, vanilla, wafer crumbs and coconut; stir well until combined.
- Press firmly into an ungreased 9-inch baking pan.
- Cover and chill.
- Beat all the cream filling ingredients well.
- Spread the cream filling over the almond mixture; cover and chill.
- Remove from fridge, cut into 1-1/2-inch squares (or what ever size desired).
- Remove from pan; place 1/2-inch apart on baking pan/sheet.
- Place the chocolate squares in a zip-top heavy duty plastic bag.
- Submerge in hot water until chocolate melts.
- Cut a small hole in end of bag with scissors.
- Drizzle chocolate over cream filling squares in a zig-zag pattern.