Top Review by ChefCathy
I made this recipe for a christmas cookie swap. They came out pretty good. I did make a change and I dyed my dough and used colored sprinkles instead of the almonds.The only recommnedation is that you make sure that the cookies are done. I had better luck letting the edges get slightly golden. Other than that great cookie if you like almond.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- finely chopped almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Add sugar, almond extract, and vanilla.
- Beat till combined.
- Beat in flour.
- Cover and chill dough for 30 minutes or till easily worked but not too stiff.
- Pack dough into a cookie press.
- Force dough through press onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 8-10 minutes or till edges of cookies are firm but not brown.
- Remove cookies and cool on wire racks.