Recipe by Bayhill
Posted for the Zaar World Tour-Italy. From the "Best of International Cooking" cookbook. I haven't tried this recipe. Prep time doesn't include refrigeration time.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup blanched almond (chopped)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brandy or 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over low heat. Add sugar; cook until golden brown, stirring constantly. Stir in almonds. Spread almond mixture on greased baking sheet; cool completely. Crush into crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, whip cream until stiff. Fold in brandy or liqueur. Reserve some of the crumbled almond mixture to sprinkle over the top of dessert. Fold remaining crumbs into whipped cream.
- Spoon into 4 to 6 dessert dishes. Sprinkle with reserved almond crumb mixture. Refrigerate until set.