Recipe by Richard-NYC
This cake comes from one of my favorite cookbooks, *The Cake Mix Doctor*. It is a keeper of a cake recipe
Top Review by ciao
Richard, this is a wonderful cake! DH requested a pound cake for Easter dessert, so I went looking. I love the Cake Mix Dr, and have prepared many of her recipes, but not this one. I already knew it would be delicious. And can we say easy? Sheesh, you just throw everything in the bowl at once, and mix. The flavor is amazingly good, and the family loved it. I served it with a mix of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries that I mixed with some sugar and almond extract, and some fresh whipped cream. Heavenly! I baked mine at 350° for just a bit less than 45 minutes, because my tube pan is dark nonstick, and I didn't want the edges of the cake to burn. It was perfectly done. Thanks for posting, Richard!
- 1 (18 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temp
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature. (This will keep the batter from becoming lumpy.).
- Place all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Mix with electric mixer on low for one minute until all combined.
- Mix at medium for two minutes.
- Batter should look uniform and thick.
- Bake in a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan at 350°F for about 45 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
- Serve alone or with berries and sweetened whipped cream.
- The cake is rich on its own.