Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a simple and beautiful dessert using frozen yeast dough--great for holidays.
- 24 Rhodes frozen rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup almonds in a bundt pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut cream cheese into 24 equal cubes.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Roll cream cheese cubes in sugar mixture and coat completely.
- Wrap a roll around each cream cheese cube and completely enclose.
- Dip each roll in sugar mixture until coated.
- Place rolls in bundt pan alternately with 3/4 cup almonds. Sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture over rolls.
- Stir together butter and brown sugar in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well and pour over rolls.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until almost to the top of the pan.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 45 minutes. Cover with foil last 15 minutes of baking. Invert immediately onto serving platter (it is natural for the bundt to settle).
- Mix glaze ingredients together and drizzle over bundt while still warm.