Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I've created this lightened bundt so you can eat a BIG piece! Uses SOLO almond pastry filling. Can be topped with a dusting of powdered sugar, or glaze with almond slivers.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce, room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup almond filling (I use SOLO Almond Pastry Filling)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries, chop if desired (fresh or frozen thawed)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 10-12 cup bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder and salt.
- Using a mixer, beat together butter, applesauce and almond filling on medium speed until smooth, 2-4 minutes.
- Add sugar and splenda and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, egg whites and egg, one at a time, beating after each addition - scrape down bowl as needed.
- Turn mixer to low and add flour mixture and milk alternately. Beat until batter is smooth and creamy.
- Fold in cranberries. Turn batter into greased bundt pan.
- Bake 40 minutes, insert wooden pick - cake is done when it comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 15-20 minutes, then invert cake to cool completely.
Nice texture and really great aroma and flavor! I cut the recipe in half and baked in a 6-cup bundt pan. Served with a dollop of fat-free Cool Whip.
This was delicious, and not overly sweet. I ended up using 1/2 cup butter and no applesauce but, other than that, I made it as directed. I used fresh cranberries, and the tartness greatly complimented the sweetness of the almond paste. This cake is not too sweet, though, and would make a beautiful holiday presentation. Made for Newest Zaar Tag Game.