Recipe by Barb G.
In stead of using cranberries use dried cherries for Almond-Cherry Biscotti's. This biscotti recipe is posted by request, I have not made this one yet. recipe comes from Plumercrest Bed and Breakfast.(I would watch the bake time it seems long)
Top Review by Nodnyl
Like others, I found that the batter was too dry. In fact, I could not make it stick together at all, and today is a very damp day. I looked up other biscotti recipes and they all contained butter, so I added 1/2 cup of butter, and zap! Wonderful! Everything worked as described and the family loves it!
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2⁄3 cups raw almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries or 1 cup dried cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour flour into large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center and place sugar, 3 eggs, all yolks, baking powder, salt, and vanilla into well.
- work the flour into the ingredients in the well until smooth.
- Knead in almonds and cranberries throughly for about 5 minutes.
- Grease and flour 2 baking sheets that are at least 15 inches long.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll each piece of dough on floured surface into 2-1/2 inch wide place the logs 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Beat remaining egg white and brush over tops of logs.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Reduce temperature to 325°F.
- Cut logs diagonally into 1/2-inch slices and lay, cut side up, on sheets.
- Return to oven for another 15 minutes.
- Cool on racks.