Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These started out with just almonds and the cranberries and dried apricots got worked in there somehow. They are really good.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 orange, rind of, grated
- Mix flour and baking powder together& set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla and grated orange rind.
- Add almonds, cranberries and apricots.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture.
- The dough will be sticky.
- Transfer onto a lightly floured work surface.
- Divide dough into two pieces.
- Flour your hands and roll one piece into a log almost the length of your cookie sheet.
- Place on the cookie sheet and flatten to about ½ an inch.
- Both logs should fit lengthwise on your cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut diagonally into ¾" slices.
- Stand cookies on their side and return to a 300 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip each cookie onto the other side.
- Bake another 10 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack.
- You can use 1 cup of dried fruit mixture in any amount of each that you choose; it doesn't have to be 1/3 of each.
great biscotti - very flavourful. Good with all cranberry if you don't have the apricots