Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is wonderful for a nice summer evening!
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or 3 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Amaretto or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped toasted almonds
- 4 cups fresh raspberries or 4 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries
- Combine brown sugar or splenda and milk in a heavy saucepan; cook over medium heat until mixture is hot.
- Gradually stir about 1/4 of hot mixture into eggs; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat; stir in Amaretto or almond extract and feshly ground almonds.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place directly onto the pudding(so no skin will form).
- Chill for about 1 hour or until well chilled.
- Sppon raspberries into serving dishes; stir custard with wire whisk and spoon over raspberries.