Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
- 1 package couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 bunch spring onion
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1⁄2 cup black currants
- 1⁄2 cup flaked almonds
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil, garlic and spring onion.
- Prepare couscous according to packet instructions (usually, add boiling water, steam till water is absorbed).
- Add currants, almonds, couscous to the saucepan, stirring for one minute on low heat.
- Finally, toss in coriander, and give one final stir.
- Serve immediately.
This was a nice easy recipe that (I personally think) needed to be made with a stock of some kind-veg or chicken-to give it a bit more of a kick. I will make it again, but I'll be adding chicken stock.
I made this to go with Recipe #63936 and it turned out wonderful, I used chicken stock like the other reviewer said and I toasted the almonds a bit before putting them in. I also used fresh currants and folded them in at the end... very good... and since I made it with the other recipe I added a little orange juice to tie them together :-) Keeper!