Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My grandfather didn't cook very often, and he baked even less, but when he whipped up a batch of these delicious cookies, everyone's mouth watered!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 30 whole almonds
- Cream together sugar, shortening, egg, extract and water. Mix in flour - the dough will seem quite stiff.
- Scoop out onto greased cookie sheet and flatten each gently with your palm.
- Push a whole almond on top of each cookie (I guessed on the almond amount, you may need more or less).
- Bake at 350* about 10 minutes until golden brown.