More Italian goodies. Passive cook time is per cookie sheet. This makes a massive batch since they are normally made for weddings and other large events so you may want to make half a batch at a time as I do.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease cookie sheets (I use canola oil to do this).
- Mix eggs, sugar, oil, orange juice, and almond extract in a bowl.
- Mix ground almonds, baking powder, and flour in a separate bowl and add to liquid ingredients.
- Stir until blended.
- Form into measuring teaspoon size balls.
- Roll balls in icing sugar.
- The dough is pretty sticky so you may want to grease your hands with a bit of oil to make your life easier.
- Press one whole almond into middle of each cookie.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on racks.