Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2⁄3 cup Equal sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup egg white
- 1 1⁄3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line four cookie sheets with baking paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, cream the followin gingredients until white: butter, vanilla or almond extract, and sugar. Gradually pour in egg whites while beating the mixture at medium speed. At low speed blend in cake flour and salt.
- Transfer cookie batter into a piping bag fitted with a basket weave tip. Pipe out into 1 1/2" strips directly onto the cookie sheets, approvimately 1/2" apart. Sprinkle the top surface with almond flakes. Bake for six to eight minutes or until the eges are golden brown. Allow to cool in the pan for three minutes then transfer them to air-tight containers.