1/2 Photos of Almond Coffee Cheesecake for Anna
2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
This is the perfect choice for a elegant dinner party. This cake is being posted in honor of my friend Anna...The Brew Mistress. I hope you all enjoy this delicious cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons almonds, chopped, toasted
- 5 -6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon coffee, instant, strong
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, vanilla
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs, large fresh
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1 teaspoon almond extract, pure
- 1 teaspoon water, hot
- 3/4 teaspoon instant coffee, strong
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur, Kahula
- 1 cup whipped cream, garnish
- 1/4 cup almonds, toasted, sliced, garnish
- 1Chocolate Wafer Crust.
- 2In a small bowl combine crushed wafers, almonds, butter and instant coffee together, until well mixed.
- 3Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a greased 9" springform pan and set aside until needed.
- 4Almond Coffee Filling.
- 5Combine cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl, and with an electric mixer beat till smooth.
- 6Add the eggs and yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 7Split the batter into two bowls equally.
- 8In one bowl add the amaretto and almond extract, mix well and set aside.
- 9Stir together the instant coffee and hot water, mix with the Kahlua then add to the remaining cheese mixture, blending well.
- 10Pour half of the amaretto mixture over the chocolate wafer crust. Spoon half of the coffee mixture over the amaretto mixture.
- 11Now pour the remaining amaretto mixture over the coffee mixture. Top with the remaining coffee mixture.
- 12Without scraping the crust, swirl the blade of a knife thru the cake to create a marbling effect.
- 13Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 200 and continue baking for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until the center no longer looks shiney or wet.
- 14Individual ovens vary -- please make sure that the cake center no longer looks wet or shiney, before returning to oven.
- 15Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- 16Turn the oven off and return the cake to the oven for an additional hour, then chill uncovered overnight.
- 17Serve garnished with whipped cream and sliced almonds.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Coffee Cheesecake for Anna
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.8
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 172.2 mg
- Sodium 346.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: