Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I found this recipe in Family Circle magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup benecol margarine spread, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons benecol margarine spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350.
- Coat a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together 1/2 c melted Benecol Spread, eggs, soy milk, 1 cup sugar, and almond extract. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in almonds. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- In small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup sugar, old fashioned oats, 1 1/2 tablespoon melted Benecol Spread and vanilla extract until crumbly. Sprinkle topping evenly over batter in pan.
- Bake at 350 for 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes, turn out onto rack to cool completely.