Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried this recipe yet. I am posting for safe keeping. This is off the Presto website.
Make and share this Almond Cod With Peas - Pressure Cooker recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1 lb) packagefrozen cod fish fillet
- 2 large garlic cloves, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed parsley sprig
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano sprigs or 1⁄2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup wine
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- Remove fish from freezer and let stand at room temperature while preparing herb mixture. Put garlic, parsley, oregano, 1 tablespoon almonds and paprika in food processor. Chop with an on and off motion. Heat oil in a 4- or 6-quart pressure cooker; brown remaining 1 tablespoon almonds in hot oil. Remove from cooker and drain on paper towels; set aside. Put chicken broth or wine in pressure cooker and stir in herb mixture. Place cooking rack or steamer basket in cooker. Cut fish into 4 even pieces and place on rack. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Cook for 2 minutes, at 15 pounds pressure, with regulator rocking slowly. Cool cooker at once. Open and carefully remove fish, keep warm. Remove rack. Add frozen peas to cooker. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Cook for 1 minute, at 15 pounds pressure, with regulator rocking slowly. Cool cooker at once. If desired, thicken mixture with 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water. Pour peas into serving dish; place fish on top of peas. Sprinkle fish with browned almonds and serve.