Recipe by wicked cook 46
Posting for Safe keeping. From the parkay website The margarine listed is the stick variety. I would think butter could be used . The recipe did not state the size of the baking sheet but I am assuming a size of around 9x13 Times are approximate and do not include the chill time
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 cups slivered almonds, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, 1/2 cup
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate morsel, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup = about 4 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- Coarsely chop 1/4 cup of the almonds; set aside.
- Combine sugar, margarine, corn syrup and water in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cook 14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the remaining 1 cup slivered almonds and 1/2 cup of the coconut.
- Spread mixture evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate over toffee mixture.
- Let stand 1 minute to soften chocolate, then spread to evenly cover toffee. Sprinkle reserved chopped almonds and the remaining 1/4 cup coconut evenly over melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Break into pieces. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.