wicked cook 46's Note:
Posting for Safe keeping. From the parkay website The margarine listed is the stick variety. I would think butter could be used . The recipe did not state the size of the baking sheet but I am assuming a size of around 9x13 Times are approximate and do not include the chill time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2Coarsely chop 1/4 cup of the almonds; set aside.
- 3Combine sugar, margarine, corn syrup and water in medium saucepan.
- 4Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- 5Cook 14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Stir in the remaining 1 cup slivered almonds and 1/2 cup of the coconut.
- 8Spread mixture evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- 9Immediately sprinkle chocolate over toffee mixture.
- 10Let stand 1 minute to soften chocolate, then spread to evenly cover toffee. Sprinkle reserved chopped almonds and the remaining 1/4 cup coconut evenly over melted chocolate.
- 11Refrigerate 30 minutes, or until firm.
- 12Break into pieces. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond-Coconut Toffee
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.3
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 151.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 38.9 g
- Protein 4.5 g