Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are very easy to make.
Make and share this Almond Coconut Christmas Balls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄3 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon melted butter
- red food coloring
- green food coloring
- Mix together the confectioners' sugar, 1 cup coconut, cream, almond extract and melted butter.
- Stir until all are well combined.
- Now divide the mixture into three equal parts.
- Color one pink to red, one green and leave the other one white.
- Shape into 3/4 to 1 inch fat balls.
- Now roll the balls in rest of coconut and let stand about 24 hours to firm up.
OH... MY... GOODNESS, Dancer...these are very habit-forming, made these yummy little guys last night, as I have been testing different recipes for my house party coming up shortly, well, I got just about 2-1/2 doz. out of the mixture,as soon as I put them out the next day, they were gone-in-a-flash... yup, a great success. Made them just like the recipe stated, used the red and green colouring...now, I wonder if they would be good with tiny chocolate chips added to the batter?... what a wonderful-looking holiday treat, easy and no bake, not to mention delicious! Thanks Dancer, for a super treat..I will be making these again shortly for my house party, only I will probably triple the recipe. Thanx :-)
These were awesome and went very well at my home. Thanks for an easy and tasty treat! Thanks for the recipe!
I only came out with about a dozen of these and they were a little too rich for me.